The New Port Richey East district is located in the southwestern part of Pasco County, Florida. It stretches from U.S. 19 to Duck Slough Preserve and consists of neighborhoods like Beacon Woods, Flor A Mar, and Timber Oaks. The area is around 10.6 square miles in size and the population is estimated to be around 25,178. In the center of the district is the Cotee River, which adds to the beauty and charm of the area. Along the coast there is plenty of recreational boating, with locals taking part in fishing or kayaking. The Gulf View Square Mall provides plenty of shopping and dining options for the New Port Richey East community. The district also includes West Hernando County and Heritage Springs.
The New Port Richey East district is a census-designated place (CDP) in Pasco County, Florida. It is located in the northeastern part of the county, along the Gulf of Mexico, and is part of the Tampa Bay Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of the 2010 census, the district had a total population of 16,576. The area is known for its numerous parks, golf courses, and community events.
The best way to get to New Port Richey East is by car. The district is located just off of US Route 19, which runs through the region. If you don’t have access to a car, the closest Amtrak station is located in Clearwater, about 30 miles south of New Port Richey East. Additionally, there are several bus routes which service the area and can take you into the downtown area of New Port Richey East. Lastly, there are also several taxi and ride-sharing services available in the area.
1. Rocky Bill’s Fish Camp – This historic fish camp is located on the banks of the Pithlachascotee River, and was originally a residence before becoming a site for leisurely fishing and outdoor recreation. The camp was established in the mid-1940s and it operates today as one of the most popular spots for locals and tourists alike.
2. Anclote Key Lighthouse – Built in 1887 and situated on Anclote Key State Park, this lighthouse is the westernmost in Florida’s Gulf of Mexico. The white, cylindrical tower stands atop a three-story, gray-brick building that served as a keeper’s quarters. Visitors can access the lighthouse via a boat ride from the mainland.
3. Pithlachascotee River Nature Park – This park provides ample opportunity for exploring the beautiful Pithlachascotee River and the natural areas nearby. The park features hiking trails, picnic areas and a designated boat launch and dock. Wildlife, including manatees and dolphins, can be seen in the area.
4. Heritage Park – Originally known as Headquarters Park, it was renamed in honor of the New Port Richey veterans who served in various wars. It features a monument dedicated to fallen veterans, a replica of a battleship, a gazebo, and a bell tower. There are also picnic areas and covered pavilions, making it the perfect spot to relax and enjoy the outdoors.
5. Robert K. Rees Memorial Park – This park is located on the banks of the Anclote River and is home to a variety of bird species. The park includes a boardwalk trail, where visitors can take a leisurely stroll and spot local wildlife. There is also playground equipment, grills, and a pavilion to enjoy.
1. Starkey Wilderness Preserve – This wonderful preserve offers outstanding outdoor recreational opportunities, including biking, fishing, boating, and more. There is also a wide variety of wildlife to observe.
2. Werner-Boyce Salt Springs State Park – Enjoy swimming, tubing, canoeing, and kayaking on the calm waters of this park. The park is home to many different species of birds and other wildlife, making it an excellent spot for birding.
3. Sims Park – This picturesque park offers a wide variety of activities, including fishing, picnicking, playgrounds, and more. Visitors can also enjoy the beautiful views over the Pithlachascotee River.
4. Leepa Rattner Museum of Art – This world-class museum features art from some of the great masters, as well as special exhibits highlighting modern art. It also offers educational classes and workshops.
5. The Shops at Hudson Crossing – Shop until you drop at this stylish open-air shopping mall. This mall features a variety of fashionable stores, restaurants, cafes, and more.
6. The Regent – Enjoy a night of entertainment at The Regent theater. This venue offers live music, comedy, plays, and more.
7. Gulf View Square Mall – This large mall features a variety of stores, restaurants, and specialty boutiques. Be sure to stop by the food court for a quick bite.
8. James E. Gray Memorial Park – This park is perfect for a relaxing stroll or a picnic. It offers great views of the Gulf of Mexico, along with playgrounds, a fishing pier, and more.
9. Robert K. Rees Memorial Park – This park features a large lake with plenty of wildlife, perfect for fishing and bird watching. It also provides a place for picnicking, walking, and biking.
10. Robert J. Strickland Memorial Park – This park boasts an outdoor skating rink and waterslides, a beach and swimming area, playgrounds, and more. Perfect for a day out with the family.
1. Kayaking on the Cotee River: Enjoy a kayaking adventure on the Cotee River and explore the many natural destinations in East Pasco County.
2. Speed Boat Rides: Take a thrilling ride on a speedboat and experience the majestic beauty of the Gulf of Mexico.
3. Fishing and Boating: Enjoy a day on the waters of the Gulf of Mexico and experience the thrill of catching your own dinner.
4. Boat Tours: Take a guided boat tour and explore the many lush wildlife areas that border New Port Richey.
5. Scuba Diving: Explore the depths of the Gulf of Mexico and experience a unique and unforgettable adventure.
6. Sunbathing: Relax and soak up some sun at the stunning beaches of New Port Richey.
7. Theme Park Visit: Take a trip to Adventure Island, a world-famous theme park and water park.
8. Camping: Spend some time in the great outdoors and enjoy the peaceful beauty of the countryside.
9. Golfing: Tee off on one of the many picturesque golf courses in the area.
10. Beach Volleyball: Play a few rounds of beach volleyball on the beach and enjoy a healthy, fun sport.